- 2 green plantains. We recommend to use 1 plantain per person for an appetizer and 1 plantain per 2 people for a side dish – you can get about 4-5 patacones per plantain
- Oil for frying.
- Salt to taste
- Peel the plantains
- Cut the plantains into big pieces, arount 3 cm thickHeat the oil over medium in a frying pan. Make sure to cover the plantains pieces.Fry the plantains until they start to get yellow, but not golden.
- Remove the plantains and place on paper towels to drain the oil
- When the plantains are still warm, use the bottom of a glass to smash and flatten the plantains. Try to do it gently to keep the pieces from breaking.
- Reheat the oil over maximun. Throw the plantains into the pan.
- Fry the plantains until they get a golden
- Take them out and place them over a thick paper.
- Sprinkle some salt.
Tell us what your friends said about this recipe: How to make patacones.