The geography of Costa Rica offers travelers unique opportunities throughout the country. If you are looking to experience the rainforest and hot springs of Arenal Volcano, the higher elevation of the Monteverde cloud forest with the best ziplining in Costa Rica and the nocturnal animals of an evening hike, and the beaches of the Manuel Antonio National Park, then this 8-day, 7-night package is for you.
2 Nights Arenal Springs Resort and Spa
- All suite rooms with volcano views
- Hot springs and pool
- Air conditioning
- Spa, gym and yoga deck
- Ti-cain, Italian and Takana Sushi restaurants
2 Nights Hotel Belmar
- Coveted award for 5 levels of sustainability
- Celajes Lounge Bar, farm to table Celajes restaurant, microbrewery, Juice Bar and Tea Room
- Spa Services and yoga
- One king size bed or two queen size beds with orthopedic mattresses and high-quality cotton linens
- Mini bar in rooms
- Telephone and free local calls
- Ceiling fans
3 Nights Costa Verde
- El Avion, Anacanda, El Wagon and El Cantina Restaurants
- 727 Fuselage accommodation option
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Flat screen TVs
- Close to beach and national park
- “Still more monkeys than people”
Your Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1 – Arrival to the Juan Santamaria Airport in San Jose (SJO). A representative from Costa Rica Vacations will meet you at the airport and take you La Fortuna, where the Arenal Volcano is located. Stay overnight in the Arenal Springs Resort.
- Day 2—A visit to the trails of El Silencio - a series of hiking trails located close to Arenal Volcano. Back at your hotel, Arenal Springs Resort, enjoy the hot springs and an additional night stay. Breakfast included.
- Day 3—After breakfast, take a private transfer van, boat, then van to Monteverde cloud forest, where you will stay in a Peninsula Room at Hotel Belmar. In the evening, enjoy a hike through the cloud forest in order to see the nocturnal animals of this ecosystem.
- Day 4—At Selvatura Park, take the best canopy zipline tour in the country, including hanging bridges and a thrilling Tarzan Swing. Afterwards, visit the hummingbird garden, and butterfly farm with a tasty typical lunch. Stay another night at Hotel Belmar.
- Day 5—After breakfast, ride privately to the Manuel Antonio National Park and beaches. The afternoon is free to explore the area including the world-famous Park - the most popular tourist destination of all the national parks. Stay overnight at Costa Verde Hotel overlooking the beautiful white sand and ocean
- Day 6—Today, after breakfast, is the moment to view the endangered mangroves and Damas Island. During the 20-minute drive the guide will explain some of the scenery highlights. Travel up the Paquita River by either kayak or motor boat. View an abundance of aviary species, snakes, ant eaters and white faced monkeys while the guide offers facts about the natural inhabitants found in this unique region. This tour takes you through the natural canals and provides an ideal opportunity to observe heron species, kingfishers, ospreys and other migratory birds. As you journey through the brackish waters you pass beneath tunnels made naturally from tree and jungle growths. The tour lasts approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes, and lunch can be arranged before or after the trip. The kayaks are available in 1 passenger and/or 2 passenger configurations and do not require previous experience. This evening, stay over once again at Hotel Costa Verde.
- Day 7—After breakfast, enjoy a free beach day or sit by the pool, or even explore the nearby town of Quepos on the other side of the hill.
- Day 8—A private transfer van will return you to San Jose airport in time to check in for your flight home.
MAPS & AREA
Costa Rica Custom Tours – where you will go, stay & play!