Costa Rica is considered one of the world’s best surf locations. Not just because of the famous spots like Witch’s Rock and Ollie’s Point, but because it gained its reputation from the myriad of hidden breaks that can be discovered by the intrepid surf adventurer that enjoy Costa Rica Surf Camp. And when the Costa Rica national surf team earned a gold medal in the ISA World Surfing Games, it became even clearer that those who surf the waves of this country gain special experience.
Costa Rica Vacations is owned and operated by people who just happen to enjoy the sport of surfing. Therefore, we are proud to offer a 7-day adventure for 2 people that allows you to explore the best and most fun breaks on the Pacific coast.
Fly into Liberia’s Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport, and we’ll transfer you to Best Western Tamarindo Vista Villas, a surfer hotel located near six world-class surf breaks. These include Langosta, Avellanas, Negra, Grande, and of course, the must-surf Witch’s Rock and Ollie’s Point. Our affiliated surf company, Salty Sols will take care of all your daily tours with an experienced guide named Eric Atkinson.
Each day you will visit a new spot to try out your wave riding skills. You will enjoy a real Costa Rica surf camp.
When your trip is finished, we’ll get you back to Liberia in time to meet your return flight home.
Surf Costa Rica Surf Camp Package includes:
7 nights at the Tamarindo Vista Villas Best Western
- Ocean view Superior
- Ocean view pool with accompanying deck
- Free wireless Internet in all rooms and throughout hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Views over the famous Tamarindo surf break
- Onsite bar/restaurant the Crazy Monkey
- Centrally located along "the strip"
Your Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1 – Arrival in Liberia airport. From here a representative from Costa Rica Vacations will meet & greet you at the airport and provide transfer to Best Western Tamarindo Vista Villa. You will stay in a Ocean View room with two queen beds. Complimentary breakfast included.
- Day 2 – After breakfast, you will be taken by Eric Atkinson of Salty Sols Surf School to one of the local surf spots including Tamarindo Avellanas, Negra, Langosta, Grande. Overnight again at Tamarindo Vista Villas. Complimentary breakfast included.
- Day 3 – Choose your surf spot: Tamarindo, Avellanas, Negra, Langosta, Grande. Get advice from Eric Atkinson, the onsite surf guide who will take you where you want to catch your waves. Overnight again at Tamarindo Vista Villas.
- Day 4 – Rise early for your trip to the world famous Witch’s Rock and Ollie’s Point. Transportation will take you to Flamingo where you will meet the boat that will take you for a once-in-a-lifetime surf session. Return for another night at Tamarindo Vista Villas.
- Day 5 – Free day in the area to surf, shop, dine and party, whatever you choose. Stay at the Tamarindo Vista Villas.
- Day 6 – Eat breakfast, catch a surf, maybe even go to the Nosara area, where Guiones,is one of the most consistent swells in Costa Rica because it picks up both the North and the South swell on its long, sandy beach breaks.
- Day 7 – Private transfer will take you to Liberia in time to make your flights.
- International airfare
- Airport departure tax, currently at USD $ 29 payable inside the airport facilities
- All personal incidentals such as laundry, telephone bill, Wi-Fi access, meals, drinks, etc.
- Alcoholic beverages, unless mentioned
- Meals not mentioned in the program
- Tips to all local guides, drivers and hotel staff