In this immensely popular vacation package you’ll have the opportunity to visit the highlands of Costa Rica including tropical jungles, cloud forests and even a visit to one of the most active volcanoes in the world, Arenal.
Primarily set amidst the highlands of Costa Rica, you’ll have the chance to experience the vibrant flora and fauna unseen in many parts of the world.
2 nights at the Hotel Grano de Oromore details
- Centrally located in downtown San Jose
- Free wireless Internet in all rooms and throughout hotel
- Simmons Beauty Rest Pillow top mattresses
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Close to San Jose international airport
2 nights at Tortuga Lodgemore details
- Close vicinity to Tortuguero National Park
- Riverview terrace room
- Infinity riverfront luxurious pool
- Solar heated hot water
- Free wireless Internet
2 nights at Arenal Nayaramore details
- Ranked #1 Resort in Central & South America by Travel & Leisure 2012
- Deluxe Room
- Trip Advisor Excellence Award Winner 2013
- Amazing views of the might Arenal Volcano
- World-class cuisine from Altamira and Sushi Amor restaurants.
- Free calls to the USA.
- Luxury spa
2 nights at El Establo Hotelmore details
- Green Leaf Spa
- Deluxe room
- Sweeping views of the Nicoya Peninsula.
- Orthopedic mattresses
- 2 restaurants Laggus & Las Riendas
- Onsite Tree-Top Canopy tour
- Complimentary breakfast
*Prices reflect our best approximation of low and high season rates and are subject to change at any time. You will receive a 100% accurate price when you inquire with us. The rates listed here, are per person, double occupancy accommodation and include taxes, domestic transport, tours and hotels as described, unless otherwise indicated. Price does NOT include international airfare or optional travel insurance or any other services not expressly mentioned.
Your Day by Day Itinerarymore details
- Day 1 – Arrival in San José airport. From here a representative from Costa Rica Vacations will meet you at the airport and provide transfer to your hotel which is located only a short 20 minutes from the airport. You will stay the night in a deluxe room at Grano de Oro - a luxury downtown hotel. Complimentary breakfast included.
- Day 2 – After breakfast there will be an early morning departure for Tortuguero along Costa Rica's Caribbean coast. Enjoy a scenic flight through the Braulio Carrillo National Park and then over the canals of Tortuguero. Upon arrival to the Tortuga Lodge you can enjoy a welcome cocktail and a meal. The staff will then schedule a visit to the Turtle Museum and the quaint seaside village of Tortuguero. After enjoying a scrumptious dinner, you can relax along the banks of the canal with a cocktail and enjoy the sounds of the jungle as it awakes after dusk. You will enjoy the evening in your beautiful terrace room at the Tortuga Lodge.Includes: downstairs terrace room and all "Family style" meals included.
- Day 3 – Throughout the day you can take-in a scheduled boat tour to the small canals where you can observe the wildlife of the area. The whole experience is similar to an Amazon river adventure only smaller. Tortuguero National Park is some 21,000 hectares of preserved tropical rain forest where you will find some of the most unique and exciting tropic rain forest wildlife.Includes: entrance to the National Park is included as well as an additional night in your downstairs terrace room at Tortuga Lodge with all "Family style" meals included
- Day 4 – Start the day off with a scenic boat ride back to the Caño Blanco Port where you'll then take a private transfer to the Arenal volcano area. The volcano - one of the most active in the world, is a dream come true. Here there is an abundance of outdoor activities you can enjoy that might even be on your "bucket list". Some of the area sights include cloud forests, a lake world-famous for windsurfing and an incredibly diverse population of wildlife. In the afternoon you'll arrive Hotel Arenal Nayara, your home-base for that night in a deluxe room with complimentary breakfast.
- Day 5 – You will be picked up at the hotel in the afternoon for the scenic shared lake crossing transfer (boat-car) to the Monteverde region renowned for its cloud forests. The Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve is one of the most diverse and rich tropical cloud forests in the world and home to the resplendent Quetzal and the rare bell bird. Both are huge attractions to bird watchers. Monteverde was originally founded by the Quakers where they still hold a rich history in the area. Hotel El Establo is where you'll be for two nights.Includes: Deluxe room and breakfast included.
- Day 6 – Bright and early the following morning, you will hike (light) through the Monteverde Cloud forest Reserve. Then you'll enjoy an afternoon adventure at the Sky Trek Zipline & Tram tour - a once in a lifetime experience. This is a system of seven platforms suspended above the ground amidst the cloud forest canopy. Zip lines attached from one platform to another will allow you to slide with the use of special equipment safely from tree top to tree top. In the Sky Tram you will explore the world famous Cloud Forest of Monteverde in a 5,249 feet ride that will take you up to the Costa Rica Continental Divide.Includes: Hotel El Establo, deluxe room. Breakfast included.
- Day 7 – The morning you have a chance to enjoy Hotel El Establo and its incredible amenities before a return to San Jose on a private transfer in the afternoon. Enjoy the rest of the evening at your leisure to explore the areas of Paseo Colon where the hotel Grano de Oro is situated.Includes: deluxe room with complimentary breakfast.
- Day 8 – Transfer back to the San Jose International Airport or take an extension and experience the world-famous beaches of Costa Rica.
- International airfare
- Airport tax, currently at USD $ 29 payable inside the airport facilities
- All personal incidentals such as laundry, telephone bill, Wi-Fi access, meals, drinks, etc.
- Alcoholic beverages, unless mentioned
- Meals not mentioned in the program
- Tips to all local guides, drivers and hotel staff
Tortuguero National Park
Despite its remote location in the Limon Province, it is the third-most visited park in Costa Rica and is only accessible by airplane or boat. The park has a large variety of biological diversity due to the existence within the reserve of eleven different habitats, including rainforest,mangrove forests, swamps, beaches, and lagoons.
Throughout Costa Rica there are many opportunities to take in the many rivers, estuaries and swamps via kayak and get right in with the naturally surroundings the rainforest has to offer. Kayaking in to the famous mangroves is a popular option as is riding the waves of the breaking ocean in a kayak along the beaches.
Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
Easily one of the world’s most talked about cloud forests, Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve is another one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country. The area boasts an incredible array of flora and fauna not found anywhere else on the planet. For visitors coming to the park it is advisable to pack appropriate clothing and footwear given temperatures here are typically lower than low-lying areas of the country.
Arenal was once thought to be one of the most active volcanoes in the world. This towering cone shaped volcano has been known to put on some of the most spectacular shows during activity including the spewing of lava from it’s dome. The area is abound with hot volcanic springs and luxurious hotels overlooking the magical place.