Costa Rica Adventure Vacations
Love the thrill of adrenaline flowing through your veins and feeling more alive than ever before? Well take a look at this Costa Rica Adventure Vacations chalk-full of exciting and adventurous activities designed specifically for those who love a little adventure in their vacations tour.
You will explore active volcanoes, coffee plantations, tropical rivers, and lowland rainforests and rounding out this whirlwind tour by relaxing on one of Costa Rica’s most pristine beaches.
Costa Rica Adventure Vacations Package Includes:
1 night at the Hotel Grano de Oromore details
- Centrally located in downtown San Jose
- Free wireless Internet in all rooms and throughout hotel
- Simmons Beauty Rest Pillow top mattresses
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Close to San Jose international airport
2 nights at Arenal Nayaramore details
- Ranked #1 Resort in Central & South America by Travel & Leisure 2012
- Deluxe Room
- Trip Advisor Excellence Award Winner 2013
- Amazing views of the might Arenal Volcano
- World-class cuisine from Altamira and Sushi Amor restaurants.
- Free calls to the USA.
- Luxury spa
2 nights at Arenas del Mar Hotelmore details
- Beachfront (only beachfront hotel in Manuel Antonio)
- Rainbow Suite
- Oceanside large swimming pool
- Onsite restaurants
- World-class spa
- Lush natural landscaped gardens.
- Complimentary breakfast
*Prices reflect our best approximation of low and high season rates and are subject to change at any time. You will receive a 100% accurate price when you inquire with us. The rates listed here, are per person, double occupancy accommodation and include taxes, domestic transport, tours and hotels as described, unless otherwise indicated. Price does NOT include international airfare or optional travel insurance or any other services not expressly mentioned.
Your Day by Day Itinerarymore details
- Day 1 – Arrival in San José airport. From here a representative from Costa Rica Vacations will meet you at the airport and provide transfer to your hotel which is located only a short 20 minutes from the airport. You will stay the night in a deluxe room at Grano de Oro - a luxury downtown hotel. Complimentary breakfast included.
- Day 2 – Starting after breakfast we will be driving to our day's tours through the city of Alajuela where we will pass by the Agriculture Monument which is to commemorate Juan Santamaria located in the famous Mango Park. As we continue towards the Poás Volcano you will notice a change in temperature and vegetation with many varieties of flora and fauna not found in the lowlands. On the way to the volcano we will visit Doka Coffee Estate for a delicious breakfast and a coffee tour in an actual coffee plantation where we will learn about the ancient techniques used to produce one of the best coffees in Costa Rica. Learn about the careful process involved on the cultivation, harvesting and roasting of the Golden Bean.
- Day 3 – Later in the afternoon, you will be picked up at the hotel for your shared Sky Tram and zipline tour. Sky Trek starts with a 20 minutes ride in the Sky Tram to reach the top of the Arenal reserve where you will start your tour of adventure filled with adrenaline above the treetops. This system which consists of a system of cables that allow you to safely observe the rainforest and its landscape from a different perspective. The tour includes 8 cross-sectional cables that together have a total length of 1.7 miles with distances from 100 to 2460 feet, and with a maximum height of 660 feet, which is higher than the treetops affording you a panoramic view of the Arenal volcano and lake. This night you will be staying at the prestigious Arenal Nayara hotel with complimentary breakfast.
- Day 4 – Enjoy the sights and the sounds of the tropics & experience its peacefulness as we quietly paddle down the Peñas Blancas river. Here you will see monkeys, sloths, iguanas, crocodiles and numerous tropical birds. Then it's back to La Fortuna where you will view the 70m high waterfall and a mild 600m hike to the natural pool at the base. Later on, drive back to La Fortuna for lunch. At 3:00pm the tour continues over to the Arenal National Park. Here the tour guide will talk about the natural and geological history of the volcano and why it is one of the world's most active volcanoes. While here you might be able to hear the sounds the volcano in the distance, or cross a path of solid lava from 1992 and enjoy an excellent view over the volcano and Lake Arenal. Leaving the park the bus will take the tourist on a 20 min ride to the hot springs where they can enjoy the relaxing baths and waterfalls while drenching themselves in the therapeutic volcanic waters. At the end of the day back to the hotel, a delicious buffet dinner will be served. For a second night you will stay in your deluxe room at Arenal Nayara hotel with breakfast included.
- Day 5 – After breakfast, you will be picked up at your hotel and you will be privately transferred to the famous Manuel Antonio National Park. This park is considered to be Costa Rica’s most beautiful park and top tourist destination with enchanting white-sand beaches ideal for swimming, and tropical rainforest forests thriving with wildlife. Watch for the monkeys and iguanas who share the park with you - keep your picnic bag close! Most hotels are boutique-style, set high on a hill overlooking the rain forest, endless beaches and the national park. You will be here overnight at Hotel Arenas del Mar in a rainforest view suite. Breakfast included.
- Day 6 – On this day you will have the chance to experience one of Costa Rica’s most striking coastlines by open-seat ocean kayak. Paddle to Biezans Bay for a refreshing swim and delightful locally prepared snacks. Feel free to have your bilingual naturalist guide direct you to the best snorkeling spots as you experience an astounding coral reef system nestled very close to the shore of Biezans. Or just relax and enjoy the tranquility of a private white sand beach. After an unforgettable experience at Biezans you will continue kayaking towards Manuel Antonio National Park and explore nearby nesting islands where exotic boobies and frigates call home year round. Rounding out the day, a rewarding hot meal in a typical Costa Rican restaurant. Enjoy your second night at Hotel Arenas del Mar in your rainforest view suite room. Breakfast included.
- Day 7 – After breakfast, you will be picked up at the hotel and transferred to the Manuel Antonio National Park. You will enjoy the company of an experienced nature guide to take you on an informative hike through the park. Our guides know where you are most likely to encounter sloths, monkeys, etc. and will also provide a great deal of information on the history, flora and fauna during this easy 2 hour walk. Snacks are offered during the tour, and guests may remain in the park afterwards. After this tour, you will be picked up at your hotel for a private transfer back to San José where you will spend overnight at Hotel Grano de Oro in a deluxe room. Breakfast included.Includes: round-trip transportation, entrance fees & bilingual guide. Important note: Tours in Manuel Antonio will be subject to tide chart & weather. ** Minimum age: 8 years old to be able to paddle alone.
- Day 8 – Transfer back to the San Jose International Airport
- Poas Volcano
- Doka Estate Coffee plantation
- La Paz Waterfalls gardens
- Sky Tram & Zipline tour
- Safari Float
- La Fortuna Waterfall
- Arenal hike
- Ecotermales Hot Springs
- Coastal Kayak tour
- Manuel Antonio National Park tour