Come to one of the finest destinations
Here are four reasons to visit Costa Rica:
- Simple life
- Landscape: 25% of Costa Rica’s territory is made up of natural parks, wildlife refuges and biological reserves. Costa Rica also has lots of ecosystems due to its tropical location, varying topography and climbing altitudes. Dry forest in Guanacaste, rainy forests in Monteverde, coral reefs in Isla del Coco and even volcanoes in Arenal.
- Wildlife: Costa Rica has some of the greatest wild animals you will ever see. Here are some numbers that will freak you out:
- more than 500,000 species, a little more than 30,000 are insects!
- an estimate of nearly 4% of the total worldwide species
- one of the 20 countries with the highest biodiversity in the world
Another good reason to visit Costa Rica: sloths. You can find them in the Caribbean and Monteverde. You can also find spiders, squirrels and howler monkeys. This tropical country is also known for its variety of reptiles: crocodiles, iguanas, lizards, turtles and caimans. If you like birds, you can’t miss this place: scarlet macaws, herons, pelicans, toucans, hummingbirds and quetzals, among others.
- People: Costa Ricans or ticos, as they call themselves, are kind, generous, easygoing, friendly and like visitors to feel as if they are at home. You will experience this friendly attitude as soon as you arrive at the airport, when you go to have lunch or dinner and at any shop. Costa Ricans don´t like conflicts. As a matter of fact, it is one of the few countries that does n´t have an army. That says a lot about them.
- Simple life: “PURA VIDA.”: one of the main reasons to visit Costa Rica. You will hear these words everywhere. It means “PURE LIFE.” But it also has more applications. What is even more interesting is that it can be used in a great variety of situations:
“What’s up, man?” – “Everything is ok, pura vida.”
“How was your week?” – “It was pura vida!”
“Is Juan cool, or is he kind of selfish?” – “No, he’s pura vida.”
“See you later!” – “Ok, pura vida.”
“Thank you for the present.” – “That`s fine, pura vida.”
Pura Vida means a positive attitude towards life. No matter how little or how much you have, life is short and we should all enjoy it. No matter how big your problems are, let them go and appreciate the good side of life.
For Costa Rica Vacations it means to enjoy our every day and to give the best of us.
We invite you to come here and give your own meaning to these magic words. You can tell us your own experience at http://costaricavacations.com/contact-us/