Costa Rica is considered one of the world’s best surf locations. Not just because of the famous surf Costa Rica spots like Witch’s Rock, Nosara and Hermosa near Jaco, but because it gained its reputation from the myriad of hidden breaks that can be discovered by the intrepid surf adventurer. And when the Costa Rica national surf team earned a gold medal in the ISA World Surfing Games, it became even clearer that those who surf Costa Rica´s waves gain special experience.
Costa Rica Vacations is owned and operated by people who just happen to enjoy the sport of surfing. Therefore, we are proud to offer a 14-day adventure for 2 people that allows you to explore the best and most fun breaks on the Pacific coast.
Fly into San Jose’s Juan Santamaria Airport, and we’ll transfer you to a hotel where you can stay overnight before the drive to Tamarindo the next. There you will be strategically located near at least six world-class surf breaks: Langosta, Avellanas, Negra, Grande, and of course, the must-surf Witch’s Rock and Ollie’s Point. Our affiliated surf company, Salty Sols will take care of all your daily tours with an experienced guide named Eric Atkinson.
Next you will travel to Nosara, where Playa Guiones lovely waves await for exploration on your own. Then make a stop Santa Teresa/Malpais, home to Costa Rica’s national surf champion Anthony Fillingim, before your final days in the powerful beachbreak of Hermosa near Jaco.
We’ll get you back to San Jose from there in time to meet your return flight home.
Surf Costa Rica Package includes:
1 night at Irazu Best Western
- Full-service hotel with room service
- Welcome drink
- Free Wifi
- Pool, gym and tennis courts
- Lovely gardens
- Complimentary breakfast available 24 hours a day at Denny´s
- Gift shop
2 nights at the Tamarindo Vista Villas Best Westernmore details
- Standard room
- Ocean view pool with accompanying deck.
- Free wireless Internet in all rooms and throughout hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Views over the famous Tamarindo surf break
- Onsite bar/restaurant the Crazy Monkey
- Centrally located along "the strip"
2 nights at La Negra Nosara Surf Hotel
- Various rooms depending on availability
- Yoga studio
- Surf School
- Soda onsite
- Onsite pool
- Free wifi
3 nights at Manala Hotel
- Garden bungalows
- TV, air conditioning, safe and minibar
- El Pulpo restaurant and bar
- Pool and garden
- Close to Santa Teresa and Malpais surf breaks
2 nights at The Backyard Hotel
- Beachfront bar with great food
- Weekend surf contests featuring many of the local pros
- World-class waves right outside your door
- Swimming pool
- Live surf cam
*Prices reflect our best approximation of low and high season rates and are subject to change at any time. You will receive a 100% accurate price when you inquire with us. The rates listed here, are per person, double occupancy accommodation and include taxes, domestic transport, tours and hotels as described, unless otherwise indicated. Price does NOT include international airfare or optional travel insurance or any other services not expressly mentioned.
Your Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1– Arrival in San José airport. From here a representative from Costa Rica Vacations will meet & greet you at the airport and provide transfer to Irazu Best Western. Stay the night in the Standard room, enjoy the lively bar, casino and more. Compliementary breakfast at the world famous Denny’s Restaurant on site.
- Day 2 –After breakfast, you will be taken by private transportation to Tamarindo. You will stay the night in a Tropical Suite at Best Western Tamarindo Vista Villas, a one-bedroom hotel room with kitchen, living room and partial ocean view. Complimentary breakfast included.
- Day 3 – Choose your surf spot: Tamarindo, Avellanas, Negra, Langosta, Grande. Get advice from Eric Atkinson, the onsite surf guide who will take you where you want to catch your waves. Overnight again at Tamarindo Vista Villas.
- Day 4 – Rise early for your trip to the world famous Witch’s Rock and Ollie’s Point. Transportation will take you to Flamingo where you will meet the boat that will take you for a once-in-a-lifetime surf session. Return for another night at Tamarindo Vista Villas.
- Day 5 – Free day in the area to surf, shop, dine and party, whatever you choose. Stay at the Tamarindo Vista Villas
- Day 6 – Catch an early surf, eat breakfast and then transfer to the Nosara area, where you will base at La Negra Nosara Surf Hotel (room depends upon availability). Guiones,is one of the most consistent swells in Costa Rica because it picks up both the North and the South swell on its long, sandy beach breaks.
- Day 7 – Surf or take an optional tour. It’s up to you. Stay another night at La Negra Surf Hotel.
- Day 8 – After breakfast, you will be transferred to Santa Teresa-Malpais, has so many places to surf from easy to challenging. You will be staying at the Manala’s spacious bungalow.
- Day 9- Surf or take an optional tour (if you can pull yourself away from the waves). Overnight at Manala.
- Day 10 – Another free day to do as you like in paradise
- Day 11—After breakfast, time to head for your final surf spot, this will be Hermosa near Jaco. There you will in a Deluxe room at the surfer’s paradise, The Backyard, right in front of the challenging wave.
- Day 12 –Get your surf on in Hermosa, and take a taxi to Jaco which has lots of great bars, restaurants and shops. Overnight at the Backyard.
- Day 13 – One last day to surf, surf, surf. Stay at The Backyard.
- Day 14 – Private transfer will take you to San Jose in time to make your flights.
- International airfare
- Airport departure tax, currently at USD $ 29 payable inside the airport facilities
- All personal incidentals such as laundry, telephone bill, Wi-Fi access, meals, drinks, etc.
- Alcoholic beverages, unless mentioned
- Meals not mentioned in the program
- Tips to all local guides, drivers and hotel staff